* Face specifications in font-lock-keywords (part II).
@ 2005-04-07 10:35 Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-04-07 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm experimenting a bit with font-lock-keywords to test whether the
documentation is correct...

Consider these two types of elements of font-lock-keywords:

  (MATCHER . FACESPEC)
  (MATCHER . (SUBEXP FACESPEC))

and their use in combination with a fancy FACESPEC

  (face FACE)

When I do (setq my-face '(face font-lock-builtin-face)), both types
work fine like this:

  ("oele" . my-face)
  ("oele" . (0 my-face))

However, using the fancy FACESPEC directly like this:

  ("oele" . '(face font-lock-builtin-face))
  ("oele" . (0 '(face font-lock-builtin-face)))

works only in the second case.  Is this a bug?

Lute.