* emacs-xwidget branch doesn't compile
@ 2011-09-02 16:08 Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2011-09-02 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi,

compiling emacs-xwidget branch fails with

make: *** [bootstrap] Fehler 2

first compile error seen is:

xdisp.c: In function ‘draw_glyphs’:
xdisp.c:22639:3: error: ‘XWIDGET_GLYPH’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
xdisp.c:22639:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in
xdisp.c:22639:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘BUILD_XWIDGET_GLYPH_STRING’
make[2]: *** [xdisp.o] Fehler 1

Please tell if the full report is useful and where to send,

thanks,

Andreas

--
https://launchpad.net/python-mode
https://launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

* Re: emacs-xwidget branch doesn't compile
@ 2011-09-02 18:58 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2011-09-02 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: Emacs developers

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> compiling emacs-xwidget branch fails with
>
> make: *** [bootstrap] Fehler 2
>
> first compile error seen is:
>
> xdisp.c: In function ‘draw_glyphs’:
> xdisp.c:22639:3: error: ‘XWIDGET_GLYPH’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> xdisp.c:22639:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for each function it appears in
> xdisp.c:22639:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
> ‘BUILD_XWIDGET_GLYPH_STRING’
> make[2]: *** [xdisp.o] Fehler 1
>
> Please tell if the full report is useful and where to send,

I'm maintaining the branch, so send reports to me.

Did you follolw the instructions in the README.xwidget file? Error
reports are of interest anyway, but please provide the basic information
such as platform and compile flags.

> thanks,
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> https://launchpad.net/python-modehttps://launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

--
Joakim Verona

From: joakim @ 2011-09-02 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: Emacs developers

@ 2011-09-02 19:36   ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2011-09-02 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers

Am 02.09.2011 20:58, schrieb joakim@verona.se:
> Andreas Röhler<andreas.roehler@online.de>  writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> compiling emacs-xwidget branch fails with
>>
>> make: *** [bootstrap] Fehler 2
>>
>> first compile error seen is:
>>
>> xdisp.c: In function ‘draw_glyphs’:
>> xdisp.c:22639:3: error: ‘XWIDGET_GLYPH’ undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> xdisp.c:22639:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
>> once for each function it appears in
>> xdisp.c:22639:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> ‘BUILD_XWIDGET_GLYPH_STRING’
>> make[2]: *** [xdisp.o] Fehler 1
>>
>> Please tell if the full report is useful and where to send,
>
> I'm maintaining the branch, so send reports to me.
>
> Did you follolw the instructions in the README.xwidget file? Error
> reports are of interest anyway, but please provide the basic information
> such as platform and compile flags.

Hmm, no, just followed INSTALL.BZR :(

BTW looked for INSTALL, maybe a INSTALL.xwidget
would help too.

So trying again,

thanks,

Andreas