* compiling master on MacOS 10.15 (lucid, athena, and the keys)
@ 2021-03-19 21:13 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-03-19 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi

I have tried several options to compile GNU emacs master on MacOS 10.15
(running fink), either
with
./configure --prefix=/opt/emacs28
./configure --prefix=/opt/emacs28 --with-x-toolkit=athena

Athena is the same as lucid.

In any case there is an important difference to the precompiled

Emacsforosx: the ns keybinding as described in
https://emacsformacosx.com/tips
seem not to work for me.

BTW not sure that is off topic but I have noted that the MacOS US
keyboard does not posses the ~ key at least not left to the 1 where it
find it on all the unix/linux machines I have used.

Any idea how that can be set in emacs, set input seems not the right
option for that.

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: compiling master on MacOS 10.15 (lucid, athena, and the keys)
@ 2021-04-13 13:21 ` Christian Lynbech
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2021-04-13 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

You can use the keyboard viewer to see where the ~ character is placed.

I have set up a special keyboard to work how I want it, one option on
macos for doing is the Ukulele application https://software.sil.org/ukelele/

I do myself compile emacs for NS and finds that it works fine.

                              -- Christian