* compilation-num-errors-found unused
@ 2012-10-08 14:54 Leo
From: Leo @ 2012-10-08 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi there,

There is (defvar compilation-num-errors-found) in compile.el but
compilation-num-errors-found is not used anywhere. Looks like something
is missing. Ideas?

Leo

* Re: compilation-num-errors-found unused
@ 2012-10-10 20:35 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2012-10-10 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

> There is (defvar compilation-num-errors-found) in compile.el but
> compilation-num-errors-found is not used anywhere. Looks like something
> is missing. Ideas?

I don't know the history behind this variable, but it would be useful
to display the number of found errors/warnings in the mode-line and
in the footer of the compilation buffer like

Compilation exited abnormally with 10 errors and 11 warnings at Wed Oct 10 23:34:40

* Re: compilation-num-errors-found unused
@ 2012-10-11  2:07   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2012-10-11  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2012-10-11 04:35 +0800, Juri Linkov wrote:
> I don't know the history behind this variable, but it would be useful
> to display the number of found errors/warnings in the mode-line and
> in the footer of the compilation buffer like
>
> Compilation exited abnormally with 10 errors and 11 warnings at Wed Oct 10 23:34:40

Seconded. This was how I found compilation-num-errors-found.

@ 2012-10-11 12:31     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-10-11 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> I don't know the history behind this variable, but it would be useful
>> to display the number of found errors/warnings in the mode-line and
>> in the footer of the compilation buffer like
>>
>> Compilation exited abnormally with 10 errors and 11 warnings at Wed Oct 10 23:34:40

> Seconded. This was how I found compilation-num-errors-found.

Patch welcome,

* Re: compilation-num-errors-found unused
@ 2013-01-12  5:39 ` Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2013-01-12  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Juri Linkov

Put in bug tracker: http://debbugs.gnu.org/13417