* Right place for cedet-devel?
@ 2020-10-07  4:46 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2020-10-07  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Developers

CEDET is part of Emacs. And ‘M-x cedet-version’ shows ‘CEDET Version:
2.0’. On sourceforge, where the cedet repository is, the releases
section shows ‘1.0.1’ and ‘1.1’.

My question is - which is the right place to look for the latest code
for CEDET, if someone has intension to contribute for an unsupported
programming language? Emacs master or the CEDET sourceforge repository?

* Re: Right place for cedet-devel?
@ 2020-10-07 13:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-10-07 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Developers

> CEDET is part of Emacs. And ‘M-x cedet-version’ shows ‘CEDET Version:
> 2.0’. On sourceforge, where the cedet repository is, the releases
> section shows ‘1.0.1’ and ‘1.1’.
>
> My question is - which is the right place to look for the latest code
> for CEDET,

My understanding is that the sourceforge tree is not being actively
developed any more, tho it still holds changes which haven't all been
merged back into Emacs.

> if someone has intension to contribute for an unsupported
> programming language? Emacs master or the CEDET sourceforge repository?

Definitely contribute it to Emacs master or GNU ELPA.

* Re: Right place for cedet-devel?
@ 2020-10-07 17:39   ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2020-10-07 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Emacs Developers

On Wed, Oct 07 2020, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> My question is - which is the right place to look for the latest code
>> for CEDET,
>
> My understanding is that the sourceforge tree is not being actively
> developed any more, tho it still holds changes which haven't all been
> merged back into Emacs.
>
>> if someone has intension to contribute for an unsupported
>> programming language? Emacs master or the CEDET sourceforge repository?
>
> Definitely contribute it to Emacs master or GNU ELPA.

Thanks a lot for the information.