* Three cheers also for Mitsuharu
@ 2018-05-29 21:03 Konrad Podczeck
From: Konrad Podczeck @ 2018-05-29 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In addition to thanks to the 26.1 developers, thanks to Mitsuharu for his work on the Mac port of Emacs 26.1. Let me mention that this is the only port of Emacs to the Mac that allows to use pdf-tools on a Retina display with proper view quality.

Konrad Podczeck (Vienna, Austria)

* Re: Three cheers also for Mitsuharu
@ 2018-05-30 10:36 ` Van L
From: Van L @ 2018-05-30 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

> Konrad Podczeck writes:
>
> In addition to thanks to the 26.1 developers, thanks to Mitsuharu for his work on the Mac port of Emacs 26.1. Let me mention that this is the only port of Emacs to the Mac that allows to use pdf-tools on a Retina display with proper view quality.

Thanks. Mitsuharu-san.

* Re: Three cheers also for Mitsuharu
@ 2018-06-07 16:55 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2018-06-07 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2018-05-29 23:03, Konrad Podczeck <konrad.podczeck@univie.ac.at> writes:

> In addition to thanks to the 26.1 developers, thanks to Mitsuharu for
> his work on the Mac port of Emacs 26.1.

I second this, I've been using his port for several years and it not
only works great, it also keeps improving.

> Let me mention that this is the only port of Emacs to the Mac that
> allows to use pdf-tools on a Retina display with proper view quality.

Unfortunately I don't see this here. Did you tweak things or it worked
out of the box?

Best regards,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2018-05: 411.25, 2017-05: 409.65

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Three cheers also for Mitsuharu
@ 2018-06-08 12:56 Konrad Podczeck
From: Konrad Podczeck @ 2018-06-08 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan.schmitt, emacs-devel

You need to patch the code in pdf-tools, following Mitsuharu:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-06/msg00213.html

But be careful, the line numbers in the pdf-tool code have changed since the publication of that patch.

Also, and therefore cheers to Mitsuharu, this patch works only with the MacPort.

Best regards,

Konrad

* Re: Three cheers also for Mitsuharu
@ 2018-06-08 13:29 ` Konrad Podczeck
From: Konrad Podczeck @ 2018-06-08 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan.schmitt, emacs-devel

I made a copy/paste mistake. Here is the correct link:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-04/msg00648.html <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-04/msg00648.html>

@ 2018-06-10 14:15   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2018-06-10 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2018-06-08 15:29, Konrad Podczeck <konrad.podczeck@univie.ac.at> writes:

> I made a copy/paste mistake. Here is the correct link:
>

> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-04/msg00648.html
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-04/msg00648.html>
>

>> Am 08.06.2018 um 14:56 schrieb Konrad Podczeck <konrad.podczeck@univie.ac.at>:
>>
>> You need to patch the code in pdf-tools, following Mitsuharu:
>>

>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-06/msg00213.html
>>
>> But be careful, the line numbers in the pdf-tool code have changed since the
>> publication of that patch.

Thanks, I'll study this!

>> Also, and therefore cheers to Mitsuharu, this patch works only with the MacPort.

Definitely.

Alan