* SVG icon package
@ 2020-12-23 19:30 Nicolas P. Rougier
From: Nicolas P. Rougier @ 2020-12-23 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've made a small package that allows to create SVG icons on the
fly from the various online icon collections. The package includes
4 default collections (url) whose usage is (I think) compatible
with GNU Emacs (Apache 2.0, MIT and CC 4.0). Note that the library
doesn't include any icons, it only loads (and cache) the proper
icon when necessary.

I also took care of fitting the icons into a 2x1 characters size
such that they don't mess up with text alignment. My question is
whether this can be considered for incluson into ELPA.

Sources are available at
https://github.com/rougier/emacs-svg-icon.

Nicolas

* Re: SVG icon package
@ 2020-12-28  3:42 ` Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2020-12-28  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas P. Rougier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> On Dec 23, 2020, at 2:30 PM, Nicolas P. Rougier <nicolas.rougier@inria.fr> wrote:
>

> I've made a small package that allows to create SVG icons on the fly from the various online icon collections. The package includes 4 default collections (url) whose usage is (I think) compatible with GNU Emacs (Apache 2.0, MIT and CC 4.0). Note that the library doesn't include any icons, it only loads (and cache) the proper icon when necessary.
>
> I also took care of fitting the icons into a 2x1 characters size such that they don't mess up with text alignment. My question is whether this can be considered for incluson into ELPA.
>
> Sources are available at https://github.com/rougier/emacs-svg-icon.
>
> Nicolas

This looks cool! I don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t be added to ELPA. If you think the package is useful, you could just follow the README and propose to add it. I’m sure someone with push access will be glad to help you.

Yuan

* Re: SVG icon package
@ 2021-02-12 20:58 ` Basil L. Contovounesios
From: Basil L. Contovounesios @ 2021-02-12 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas P. Rougier; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Nicolas P. Rougier" <nicolas.rougier@inria.fr> writes:

> I've made a small package that allows to create SVG icons on the fly from the
> various online icon collections. The package includes 4 default collections
> (url) whose usage is (I think) compatible with GNU Emacs (Apache 2.0, MIT and CC
> 4.0). Note that the library doesn't include any icons, it only loads (and cache)
> the proper icon when necessary.
>
> I also took care of fitting the icons into a 2x1 characters size such that they
> don't mess up with text alignment. My question is whether this can be considered
> for incluson into ELPA.

If all nontrivial contributors have assigned copyright to the FSF, and
if all the content is licensed appropriately, why not!

Alternatively, is any of the logic suitable for inclusion in the
built-in svg.el?

> Sources are available at https://github.com/rougier/emacs-svg-icon.

Basil