* Function for opening `remember-data-file'
@ 2010-03-03 15:39 Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-03-03 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I can't seem to find a function for opening `remember-data-file', i.e.
the file into which one M-x remembers things.

Could something like this be included in remember.el?

(defun remember-open ()
  (interactive)
  (funcall
   (if remember-in-new-frame
       #'find-file-other-frame
     #'find-file)
   remember-data-file))

I'm not sure how this would be implemented for the variety of
different back-ends, but at least it's a start.

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: Function for opening `remember-data-file'
@ 2011-02-15 20:52 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2011-02-15 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

2010/3/3 Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com>:
> I can't seem to find a function for opening `remember-data-file', i.e.
> the file into which one M-x remembers things.
>
> Could something like this be included in remember.el?
>
> (defun remember-open ()
>  (interactive)
>  (funcall
>   (if remember-in-new-frame
>       #'find-file-other-frame
>     #'find-file)
>   remember-data-file))
>
> I'm not sure how this would be implemented for the variety of
> different back-ends, but at least it's a start.

So no objections then?

--

@ 2011-02-16  0:37   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2011-02-16  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2011-02-16 04:52 +0800, Deniz Dogan wrote:
>> I'm not sure how this would be implemented for the variety of
>> different back-ends, but at least it's a start.
>>

> So no objections then?

Probably because it is not very useful. For example, I'll use bookmark
to open some files quickly including this one. But I no longer use
remember since org-mode no longer needs it.

Leo

* Re: Function for opening `remember-data-file'
@ 2011-02-16 11:23     ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2011-02-16 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

2011/2/16 Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com>:
> On 2011-02-16 04:52 +0800, Deniz Dogan wrote:
>>> I'm not sure how this would be implemented for the variety of
>>> different back-ends, but at least it's a start.
>>>

>> So no objections then?
>
> Probably because it is not very useful. For example, I'll use bookmark
> to open some files quickly including this one. But I no longer use
> remember since org-mode no longer needs it.

How can it not be useful to open the file in which you write things to remember?

* Re: Function for opening `remember-data-file'
@ 2011-02-16 15:57       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2011-02-16 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2011-02-16 19:23 +0800, Deniz Dogan wrote:
>> Probably because it is not very useful. For example, I'll use bookmark
>> to open some files quickly including this one. But I no longer use
>> remember since org-mode no longer needs it.
>
> How can it not be useful to open the file in which you write things to
> remember?

I didn't mean it is not useful but that it is something I can live
without.

Leo