* Should debug-on-quit becomes t after kill -SIGUSR2?
@ 2012-05-11 10:02 Leo
From: Leo @ 2012-05-11 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I start using this new debug-on-event a bit and I find the side effect
of permanently changing debug-on-quit to t annoying. Is it intentional?

Thanks.
Leo

* Re: Should debug-on-quit becomes t after kill -SIGUSR2?
@ 2012-07-03  5:31 ` Daniel Colascione
From: Daniel Colascione @ 2012-07-03  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 5/11/12 3:02 AM, Leo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I start using this new debug-on-event a bit and I find the side effect
> of permanently changing debug-on-quit to t annoying. Is it intentional?

It's intention in the sense that that's how it was intended to work,
but that's because the feature is designed to bring you to the
debugger no matter what, and as a last resort. Maybe we can set a
timer to undo the change to the variable once we break into the debugger.

* Re: Should debug-on-quit becomes t after kill -SIGUSR2?
@ 2012-07-03 13:51   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-07-03 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Colascione; +Cc: Leo, emacs-devel

>> I start using this new debug-on-event a bit and I find the side effect
>> of permanently changing debug-on-quit to t annoying. Is it intentional?
> It's intention in the sense that that's how it was intended to work,
> but that's because the feature is designed to bring you to the
> debugger no matter what, and as a last resort. Maybe we can set a
> timer to undo the change to the variable once we break into the debugger.

Or rather than a timer, we could define that a special value
(e.g. `once') for debug-on-quit means that it is reset to nil after we
enter the debugger.