* [akim@epita.fr: Problem with texinfo.el's C-c C-u C-a and appendix]
@ 2003-11-14 19:25 Karl Berry
From: Karl Berry @ 2003-11-14 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: akim

[-- Attachment #1: message body text --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 312 bytes --]

Is anyone interested in working on this bug in texinfo.el (I hope)?

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:12:56 +0100
From: Akim Demaille <akim@epita.fr>
To: Texinfo Bugs <bug-texinfo@gnu.org>
Subject: Problem with texinfo.el's C-c C-u C-a and appendix

I have a document which structure looks like that of the following:

[-- Attachment #2: foo.texi --]

\input texinfo    @c -*-texinfo-*-
@c %**start of header
@setfilename foo.info
@settitle FOO
@comment %**end of header

@node Top,  , (dir), (dir)
@top FOO

@table @asis
@sp 1
@item Hello
World
@end table

@bye

[-- Attachment #3: message body text --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1697 bytes --]

When I add section etc., I run 'C-c C-u C-a' to update all my menus,
but then the menu for the appendix is destroyed.  Try it, and you get:

Before:

  @node Appendices
  @appendix Appendices

  @menu
  * Glossary::                    Some of the words used in this document
  * GNU Free Documentation License::  License for copying this document
  * Colophon::                    Version of this document
  * Index::                       Indices of symbols, concepts, etc.
  @end menu

After:

  @node Appendices
+ @menu
+ @end menu
+
  @appendix Appendices

  @menu
  * Glossary::                    Some of the words used in this document
  * GNU Free Documentation License::  License for copying this document
  * Colophon::                    Version of this document
  * Index::                       Indices of symbols, concepts, etc.
  @end menu

Another (related?) problem is that the main menu seems wrong to me:

  @menu
  * Appendices::
  * Glossary::
  * Colophon::
  @end menu

Shouldn't it mention Appendices first and alone, and then the details?
Just like ordinary chapters, i.e.

  @menu
  * Appendices::                  Glossary etc.

  @detailmenu
  * Glossary::                    Some of the words used in this document
  * GNU Free Documentation License::  License for copying this document
  * Colophon::                    Version of this document
  * Index::                       Indices of symbols, concepts, etc.
  @end detailmenu
  @end menu

Thanks!

* Re: [akim@epita.fr: Problem with texinfo.el's C-c C-u C-a and appendix]
@ 2003-11-14 20:57 ` Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2003-11-14 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Is anyone interested in working on this bug in texinfo.el (I hope)?

I will look at it shortly, after looking at the question of
Texinfo support for iso-cvt -- I have been very busy recently and not
had a chance to do anything. (Please, if anyone else wants the
challenge, do it!)

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@rattlesnake.com