* list-buffers header not aligned case 1
       [not found] <m19Mocf-000IfKC@rattlesnake.com>
@ 2003-06-02 13:37 ` Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2003-06-02 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Today's CVS snapshot, Mon, 2003 Jun  2  11:29 UTC
    GNU Emacs 21.3.50.70 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
    started with

       /usr/local/bin/emacs -q --no-site-file --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)'

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote

   ... The problem was because window-edges gives edges that include
   columns in the scroll bar, fringes, etc., ... I added a new
   function window-inside-edges and made windmove use that to produce
   its reference positions.

While you are at it, could you please fix the problem displayed by the
list-buffers command in a `plain vanilla' instance of Emacs:

When

    Buffer-menu-use-header-line

is t, the default, the header line appears not to take into account a
scroll bar on the left, so the column headers are not lined up with
their columns.

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@rattlesnake.com

* Re: list-buffers header not aligned case 1
@ 2003-06-04  8:54   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-06-04  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    When

	Buffer-menu-use-header-line

    is t, the default, the header line appears not to take into account a
    scroll bar on the left, so the column headers are not lined up with
    their columns.

This ought to fix it, if you get the other changes that I installed today.

*** buff-menu.el.~1.61.~	Mon Mar 17 13:59:36 2003
--- buff-menu.el	Tue Jun  3 14:20:08 2003
***************
*** 563,576 ****
  	 list desired-point name file mode)
      (when Buffer-menu-use-header-line
        (let ((spaces
! 	     ;; FIXME: This is using the settings of the current frame rather
! 	     ;; than the frame into which the buffer will be displayed.
! 	     (/ (+ 0.0 (or (frame-parameter nil 'left-fringe) 0)
! 		   (or (if (eq (frame-parameter nil 'vertical-scroll-bars)
! 			       'left)
! 			   (frame-parameter nil 'scroll-bar-width))
! 		       0))
! 		(frame-char-width)))
  	    (pos 0))
  	;; Turn spaces in the header into stretch specs so they work
  	;; regardless of the header-line face.
--- 563,570 ----
  	 list desired-point name file mode)
      (when Buffer-menu-use-header-line
        (let ((spaces
! 	     (- (car (window-inside-edges))
! 		(car (window-edges))))

@ 2003-06-04 17:09     ` Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2003-06-04 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    This ought to fix it, if you get the other changes that I installed today.

Yes, it does -- and your other patch fixes case 2.  Thank you.

Do you want to commit the change or shall I on your behalf?
(Depending on your exact circumstances, you may at the moment have a
better connection than I or a worse one.)

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@rattlesnake.com