* merge problem with doc/man ChangeLogs
@ 2007-12-02 18:31 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-12-02 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Miles,

Your Nov 21 change to doc/emacs/ChangeLog (rev 1.42) in the trunk:

  Merge from emacs--rel--22

  Revision: emacs@sv.gnu.org/emacs--devo--0--patch-937

put rms's flymake entry in the wrong file. It should have gone to
doc/misc/ChangeLog. Similar things seem to have happened with previous
merges. I probably did the wrong thing with the arch tags when I
created the doc/ directory. I will sort the current problems out.

* Re: merge problem with doc/man ChangeLogs
@ 2007-12-02 18:44 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-12-02 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> I will sort the current problems out.

... but please can you sort out the arch-tags and future merges. Thanks.

* Re: merge problem with doc/man ChangeLogs
@ 2007-12-06  8:15   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2007-12-06  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
>> I will sort the current problems out.
>
> ... but please can you sort out the arch-tags and future merges. Thanks.

I try to do the right thing, but it's not possible (or at least easy --
I suppose anything's possible :-) to do this automatically (the whole
layout of the doc tree is different), and so sometimes things get messed
up.

[ChangeLogs in general are a huge pain for merging.]

-Miles
--
=====
(^o^;