* Emacs says: xrandr unavailable, simulating -nw
@ 2010-07-15 19:55 Fran
From: Fran @ 2010-07-15 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I just built the latest dev sources on SLES11 Linux, and when I run Emacs it
says:

  Display :1.0 xrandr unavailable, simulating -nw

and sure enough, it starts as if I had specified the -nw option (though I
didn't).  This worked in a build from about a month ago (with the same system
and same X packages installed).

Anyone else seeing this?
--
Fran

* Re: Emacs says: xrandr unavailable, simulating -nw
@ 2010-07-16  7:34 ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-07-16  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fran; +Cc: emacs-devel

No.  What does xdpyinfo say?  Does it list xrandr?

	Jan D.

@ 2010-07-16 14:18   ` Fran
From: Fran @ 2010-07-16 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv writes:

> Fran skrev 2010-07-15 21.55:
> > I just built the latest dev sources on SLES11 Linux, and when I run Emacs it
> > says:
> >
> >    Display :1.0 xrandr unavailable, simulating -nw
> >
> > and sure enough, it starts as if I had specified the -nw option (though I
> > didn't).

> No.  What does xdpyinfo say?  Does it list xrandr?

Actually, my DISPLAY environment variable somehow had the value ":1.0 xrandr"
when it should have been ":2.0".  Changing it fixed the problem.  I have no idea
how that happened.
--
Fran