* Copy of C source files in `make install`?
@ 2023-02-27 13:59 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2023-02-27 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Did I dream it?

I was convinced we had installed a change a couple years ago which makes
`make install` include a (compressed) copy of our C source files so that
`C-h f` can jump to them even for those users who don't build
Emacs themselves.

But I can't find any trace of that anywhere.

* Re: Copy of C source files in `make install`?
@ 2023-02-27 14:16 ` Jonathan Kenyon
From: Jonathan Kenyon @ 2023-02-27 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Can't speak for way in the past, but as a user for the past 4 odd years I
never had access to the C source files in the docs.

@ 2023-02-27 14:35 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-02-27 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 08:59:23 -0500
>
> Did I dream it?
>
> I was convinced we had installed a change a couple years ago which makes
> `make install` include a (compressed) copy of our C source files so that
> `C-h f` can jump to them even for those users who don't build
> Emacs themselves.
>
> But I can't find any trace of that anywhere.

It was reverted.  See bug#37527 and
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-09/msg00578.html.

* Re: Copy of C source files in `make install`?
@ 2023-02-27 15:20   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2023-02-27 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> Did I dream it?