* Weird display buglet (video)
@ 2012-10-02 13:23 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-10-02 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I compiled from bzr today and I get some weird line when
editing commit logs.  It certainly happens elsewhere, but
maybe this small video demonstrating the problem (1MO) is
explicit enough for someone to find the bug:

  http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/u/emacs-buglet.ogv

GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
of 2012-10-02 on bzg

--
 Bastien

* Re: Weird display buglet (video)
@ 2012-10-02 14:57 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-10-02 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I compiled from bzr today and I get some weird line when
> editing commit logs.  It certainly happens elsewhere, but
> maybe this small video demonstrating the problem (1MO) is
> explicit enough for someone to find the bug:

The line is normal (it is the separator between the header and the
body).  The flickering between "a plain old empty line" and "the
font-locked version of that line" is not normal.

* Re: Weird display buglet (video)
@ 2012-10-02 18:26 Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2012-10-02 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: monnier; +Cc: bzg, emacs-devel

 >> I compiled from bzr today and I get some weird line when
 >> editing commit logs.  It certainly happens elsewhere, but
 >> maybe this small video demonstrating the problem (1MO) is
 >> explicit enough for someone to find the bug:
 >
 > The line is normal (it is the separator between the header and the
 > body).  The flickering between "a plain old empty line" and "the
 > font-locked version of that line" is not normal.

I think it may be better to only display the line when the lines above
it contain legitimate mail headers. Maybe make the regexp in
`rfc822-goto-eoh' more strict?

In Bastien's example, the first line of text doesn't match neither the
regexp in log-edit-font-lock-keywords, nor any in
message-font-lock-keywords.