* flymake-proselint has diverged
@ 2022-04-09 23:26 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-04-09 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Manuel,

We have a problem with `flymake-proselint` on GNU ELPA because the code
in `elpa.git` has diverged from that in the upstream:

    % make fetch/flymake-proselint
    emacs --no-site-lisp --batch -l admin/elpa-admin.el -f elpaa-batch-fetch-and-show "flymake-proselint"
    Fetching updates for flymake-proselint...
    Upstream of flymake-proselint has DIVERGED!

      Local changes:
    1d240a7b69  manuel-uberti@..  Move to SourceHut

      Upstream changes:
    2031f3df76  manuel.uberti@..  Update format
    de88c00d8b  manuel.uberti@..  Update URL

    %

The GNU ELPA code can only be updated via fast-forward, so could you
please merge commit 1d240a7b69 into your upstream?

* Re: flymake-proselint has diverged
@ 2022-04-10  5:07 ` Manuel Uberti
From: Manuel Uberti @ 2022-04-10  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 10/04/22 01:26, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Hi Manuel,

Hi Stefan

> We have a problem with `flymake-proselint` on GNU ELPA because the code
> in `elpa.git` has diverged from that in the upstream:
>
>      % make fetch/flymake-proselint
>      emacs --no-site-lisp --batch -l admin/elpa-admin.el -f elpaa-batch-fetch-and-show "flymake-proselint"
>      Fetching updates for flymake-proselint...
>      Upstream of flymake-proselint has DIVERGED!
>
>        Local changes:
>      1d240a7b69  manuel-uberti@..  Move to SourceHut
>
>        Upstream changes:
>      2031f3df76  manuel.uberti@..  Update format
>      de88c00d8b  manuel.uberti@..  Update URL
>
>      %
>
> The GNU ELPA code can only be updated via fast-forward, so could you
> please merge commit 1d240a7b69 into your upstream?

Thank you for spotting this. I merged the commit and pushed the change,
hopefully without getting it wrong.

Let me know if you need me to do something else. My git-fu is rather
limited.

--
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu

* Re: flymake-proselint has diverged
@ 2022-04-10  5:33   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-04-10  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti; +Cc: emacs-devel

Manuel Uberti [2022-04-10 07:07:46] wrote:
> Thank you for spotting this. I merged the commit and pushed the change,
> hopefully without getting it wrong.

Looks like you applied an "identical" change rather than merging the
actual commit:

    42b3ffa259  manuel-uberti@..  Move to SourceHut
    2031f3df76  manuel.uberti@..  Update format
    de88c00d8b  manuel.uberti@..  Update URL

    %

IOW maybe you used `rebase` rather then `merge`?

* Re: flymake-proselint has diverged
@ 2022-04-10  5:43     ` Manuel Uberti
From: Manuel Uberti @ 2022-04-10  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 10/04/22 07:33, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Looks like you applied an "identical" change rather than merging the
> actual commit:
>
>      % make fetch/flymake-proselint
>      emacs --no-site-lisp --batch -l admin/elpa-admin.el -f elpaa-batch-fetch-and-show "flymake-proselint"
>      Fetching updates for flymake-proselint...
>      Upstream of flymake-proselint has DIVERGED!
>
>        Local changes:
>      1d240a7b69  manuel-uberti@..  Move to SourceHut
>
>        Upstream changes:
>      42b3ffa259  manuel-uberti@..  Move to SourceHut
>      2031f3df76  manuel.uberti@..  Update format
>      de88c00d8b  manuel.uberti@..  Update URL
>
>      %
>
> IOW maybe you used `rebase` rather then `merge`?

Yep, sorry, as I said my git-fu is rather limited. I tried again, this
time step-by-step with git merge.

--
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu

* Re: flymake-proselint has diverged
@ 2022-04-10 14:17       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-04-10 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Yep, sorry, as I said my git-fu is rather limited. I tried again, this time
> step-by-step with git merge.

Worked, thanks!