* Re: master b89ae23636: Implement crossing event generation between windows for xwidgets on X
       [not found] ` <20220127060101.0FAA9C41E57@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-01-27  6:43   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-01-27  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Po Lu

>  #ifdef HAVE_X_WINDOWS
> +enum xw_crossing_mode
> +  {
> +    XW_CROSSING_LEFT,
> +    XW_CROSSING_ENTERED,
> +    XW_CROSSING_NONE
> +  };

I think this deserves some comments explaining what is "crossing" here.
Maybe a URL to some docs?

* Re: master b89ae23636: Implement crossing event generation between windows for xwidgets on X
@ 2022-01-27  7:44     ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-01-27  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>  #ifdef HAVE_X_WINDOWS
>> +enum xw_crossing_mode
>> +  {
>> +    XW_CROSSING_LEFT,
>> +    XW_CROSSING_ENTERED,
>> +    XW_CROSSING_NONE
>> +  };

> I think this deserves some comments explaining what is "crossing" here.
> Maybe a URL to some docs?

XW_CROSSING_LEFT and XW_CROSSING_ENTERED mean the same as they do on X,
so those two should be obvious to anyone with reason to look at the
xwidgets code.

XW_CROSSING_NONE is sent on a MotionNotify or an XI_Motion event, where
no crossing took place, so I think that's self-explanatory as well.

But if you still insist, I have no objections to installing a comment
explaining things there.

* Re: master b89ae23636: Implement crossing event generation between windows for xwidgets on X
@ 2022-01-27 14:14       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-01-27 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> I think this deserves some comments explaining what is "crossing" here.
>> Maybe a URL to some docs?
> XW_CROSSING_LEFT and XW_CROSSING_ENTERED mean the same as they do on X,
> so those two should be obvious to anyone with reason to look at the
> xwidgets code.

OK.  I'm obviously not well versed in GUI code, so maybe I'm
a bad judge.  But I have looked (and touched) at some of Emacs's GUI
code (e.g. had a hack to split key presses events into `a` and `up-a`)
so I'm at least remotely familiar with X11 events yet I've never heard
of "crossings" and have hence no clue what your code is about.

> But if you still insist, I have no objections to installing a comment
> explaining things there.

I don't insist, I'll let you judge.  I'm just pointing out that your
code looked completely mysterious to me.