* Removing `packages-fixes`
@ 2023-10-15 18:00 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2023-10-15 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artur Malabarba; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

The GNU ELPA `package-fixes` says:

    ;; This package can be safely installed on Emacs >= 25, in which
    ;; case it does nothing.

and does it via:

    ;;; Emacs < 25
    (unless (fboundp 'package--list-loaded-files)

but `package--list-loaded-files` has been removed from recent
`package.el` so the above test makes the package not "do nothing" any
more on recent Emacsen.

Given that the package has never been released anyway, is it still of
use or should we just remove it like we did with W3?

* Re: Removing `packages-fixes`
@ 2023-10-22  8:53 ` Jonas Bernoulli
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2023-10-22  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, Artur Malabarba; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Given that the package has never been released anyway, is it still of
> use or should we just remove it like we did with W3?

Thanks, I was hoping that someone would get around to cleaning this up
for a while.

I noticed that you also set the :url to nil for a few package from the
defunct http://www.dr-qubit.org/git/predictive.git repository, but you
missed one package: auto-overlays, probably because :manual-sync was
already set for that.

     Jonas

* Re: Removing `packages-fixes`
@ 2023-10-22 15:20   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2023-10-22 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: Artur Malabarba, emacs-devel

> I noticed that you also set the :url to nil for a few package from the
> defunct http://www.dr-qubit.org/git/predictive.git repository, but you
> missed one package: auto-overlays, probably because :manual-sync was
> already set for that.

Thanks for catching that.  Not sure how I missed it (they were
all :manual-sync).