* ediff does not work on Windows
@ 2012-05-15  8:47 Bastian Bechtold
From: Bastian Bechtold @ 2012-05-15  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi Emacsens,

for some reason, ediff does not work for me on Windows. It just finds no differences. If I hit D to see the diff output, it displays a blank buffer.

The same configuration on OSX works just fine. If I run diff from eshell, it shows the differences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Bastian

* Re: ediff does not work on Windows
@ 2012-05-15 16:07 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-05-15 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastian Bechtold; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Bastian Bechtold <basti.bechtold@googlemail.com>
> Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:47:29 +0200
>
> for some reason, ediff does not work for me on Windows. It just finds no differences. If I hit D to see the diff output, it displays a blank buffer.

It works for me.  Sorry for asking the obvious, but do you have
diff.exe installed and on PATH?  If you do, please tell what version
of Emacs is that, and where did you get the ported diff.exe.

* Re: ediff does not work on Windows
@ 2012-05-15 19:31   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-05-15 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastian Bechtold, emacs-devel

>> for some reason, ediff does not work for me on Windows. It just finds no
>> differences. If I hit D to see the diff output, it
>> displays a blank buffer.

> It works for me.  Sorry for asking the obvious, but do you have
> diff.exe installed and on PATH?

Actually, I'd expect ediff to use `exec-path' to find the
`diff' executable, so please check exec-path as well.