* Re: [Emacs-diffs] package-archive-priorities ab9a878: Package archives now have priorities.
       [not found] ` <E1XxbfF-0006JA-82@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-12-07 17:44   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-12-07 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Jorgen Schaefer

>     Package archives now have priorities.

>     When installing packages by name, only packages from archives with
>     the highest priority are considered, before versions are compared.

>     This solves the "MELPA problem", where MELPA assigns date-based
>     version numbers to packages which override all other archives.
>     Giving MELPA a lower priority means packages are installed from
>     MELPA only when the package is not available from other archives.

>     This can be overridden manually by the user.

For branches in the emacs.git we like to use the same ChangeLog
(and commit message) conventions as for the main branches.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] package-archive-priorities ab9a878: Package archives now have priorities.
@ 2014-12-07 18:18     ` Jorgen Schaefer
From: Jorgen Schaefer @ 2014-12-07 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 12:44:52 -0500
Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> >     Package archives now have priorities.
>
> >     When installing packages by name, only packages from archives
> > with the highest priority are considered, before versions are
> > compared.
>
> >     This solves the "MELPA problem", where MELPA assigns date-based
> >     version numbers to packages which override all other archives.
> >     Giving MELPA a lower priority means packages are installed from
> >     MELPA only when the package is not available from other
> > archives.
>
> >     This can be overridden manually by the user.
>
> For branches in the emacs.git we like to use the same ChangeLog
> (and commit message) conventions as for the main branches.

That was an accidental push to the wrong repo. The branch has been
removed already. Apologies for the noise.

(Also, I renamed the emacs remote locally from the default "origin" to
something else, so this should not happen again, I hope.)

Regards,
Jorgen

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] package-archive-priorities ab9a878: Package archives now have priorities.
@ 2014-12-08  3:03       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-12-08  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorgen Schaefer; +Cc: emacs-devel

> That was an accidental push to the wrong repo. The branch has been
> removed already.  Apologies for the noise.

No problem.  Note that you are definitely allowed to push branches there.