* Patches for calculator.el
@ 2013-01-15 16:11 Eli Barzilay
From: Eli Barzilay @ 2013-01-15 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have a bunch of changes for calculator.el -- what's the preferred
way to do that?  (=> who/where do I send it to, should they be lumped
as a single change or split to a bunch of smaller ones.)

* Re: Patches for calculator.el
@ 2013-01-15 17:40 ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2013-01-15 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Barzilay; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 01/15/13 08:11, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> I have a bunch of changes for calculator.el -- what's the preferred
> way to do that?  (=> who/where do I send it to, should they be lumped
> as a single change or split to a bunch of smaller ones.)

I would file them as bug reports, by sending email to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
with the first line of the contents being "Tags: patch" and  the second line
being empty; see <http://debbugs.gnu.org/Reporting.html> for details.

I'd also split it up, as that makes it easier for others to
review.  But don't spend too much time splitting -- if it's hard to split,
just send it all at once.

* Re: Patches for calculator.el
@ 2013-01-15 17:45   ` Eli Barzilay
From: Eli Barzilay @ 2013-01-15 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

A few minutes ago, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 01/15/13 08:11, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > I have a bunch of changes for calculator.el -- what's the
> > preferred way to do that?  (=> who/where do I send it to, should
> > they be lumped as a single change or split to a bunch of smaller
> > ones.)
>
> I would file them as bug reports, by sending email to
> bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org with the first line of the contents being
> "Tags: patch" and the second line being empty; see
> <http://debbugs.gnu.org/Reporting.html> for details.

There's no repository somewhere with some form of pull requests?

> I'd also split it up, as that makes it easier for others to review.
> But don't spend too much time splitting -- if it's hard to split,
> just send it all at once.

I *want* to do that in a bunch of separate patches, since they do
different things to the code.  Will a git-formatted pull request work
as a way to transfer a bunch of such patches in a single email?

* Re: Patches for calculator.el
@ 2013-01-15 17:49     ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2013-01-15 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Barzilay; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 01/15/13 09:45, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> There's no repository somewhere with some form of pull requests?

I don't know what a "pull request" is, sorry.
The main repository does not use git, if that helps.
See <http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=emacs>.

* Re: Patches for calculator.el
@ 2013-01-15 20:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-01-15 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Barzilay; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I have a bunch of changes for calculator.el -- what's the preferred
> way to do that?  (=> who/where do I send it to, should they be lumped
> as a single change or split to a bunch of smaller ones.)

IIUC you're the maintainer, so you can commit them yourself (if you
don't have access, just request membership in the "emacs" group from
your savannah.gnu.org page), or yu can send them for someone else to
install them.  In either case, you can do it at the granularity of your
choice,