* undo-tree ELPA package outdated
@ 2022-02-22 20:55 JD Smith
From: JD Smith @ 2022-02-22 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The undo-tree package on ELPA (v0.7.5) is outdated (0.8.2 latest), possibly because the source location has changed to:

	https://gitlab.com/tsc25/undo-tree/

* Re: undo-tree ELPA package outdated
@ 2022-02-22 21:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-02-22 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JD Smith; +Cc: emacs-devel

JD Smith [2022-02-22 15:55:07] wrote:
> The undo-tree package on ELPA (v0.7.5) is outdated (0.8.2 latest), possibly
> because the source location has changed to:
>
> 	https://gitlab.com/tsc25/undo-tree/

No, the problem is not so much the location but the fact that the
upstream has diverged.

I contacted Toby Cubitt about it last December but he has not replied to
my email.  If someone knows how to reach him...

* Re: undo-tree ELPA package outdated
@ 2022-02-23  9:27   ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2022-02-23  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: JD Smith, emacs-devel

> JD Smith [2022-02-22 15:55:07] wrote:
>> The undo-tree package on ELPA (v0.7.5) is outdated (0.8.2 latest), possibly
>> because the source location has changed to:
>>
>> 	https://gitlab.com/tsc25/undo-tree/
>
> No, the problem is not so much the location but the fact that the
> upstream has diverged.
>
> I contacted Toby Cubitt about it last December but he has not replied to
> my email.  If someone knows how to reach him...

Seems the email address changed:

https://gitlab.com/tsc25/undo-tree/-/commit/2bf5e230f1d11df7bbd9d8c722749e34482bc458

Also the last version 0.8.2 uses queue package which is in ELPA but have
no more repo (didn't find it).

--
Thierry

* Re: undo-tree ELPA package outdated
@ 2022-02-24  4:51   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2022-02-24  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: jdtsmith, emacs-devel

  > > The undo-tree package on ELPA (v0.7.5) is outdated (0.8.2 latest), possibly
  > > because the source location has changed to:
  > >
  > > 	https://gitlab.com/tsc25/undo-tree/

  > No, the problem is not so much the location but the fact that the
  > upstream has diverged.

  > I contacted Toby Cubitt about it last December but he has not replied to
  > my email.  If someone knows how to reach him...

If we don't hear back from him, someone else can merge the newer code
from his repo, supposing that it was written by the same old
contributors that we have papers from.

* Re: undo-tree ELPA package outdated
@ 2022-02-25 17:57     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-02-25 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: jdtsmith, emacs-devel

> If we don't hear back from him, someone else can merge the newer code

I did hear back from him shortly after I sent the other message.

* Re: undo-tree ELPA package outdated
@ 2022-02-27  4:08       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2022-02-27  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: jdtsmith, emacs-devel

  > > If we don't hear back from him, someone else can merge the newer code

  > I did hear back from him shortly after I sent the other message.

That's good.

Happy hacking.