* why isn't python-check-custom-command permanent buffer local?
@ 2015-01-26 19:54 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2015-01-26 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: fgallina

IMO python-check-custom-command should be permanent buffer local.
unless someone explains why not, I will make it so.
Thanks

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1343
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://ffii.org http://iris.org.il http://memri.org

* Re: why isn't python-check-custom-command permanent buffer local?
@ 2015-01-26 22:50 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-01-26 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Steingold; +Cc: fgallina, emacs-devel

> IMO python-check-custom-command should be permanent buffer local.
> unless someone explains why not, I will make it so.

Could you explain why it should be permanent-local?
Or do you just mean it should be made buffer-local?  I guess replacing
the `setq' with a `setq-local'would make a lot of sense, tho since it
probably contains the buffer-file-name.

* Re: why isn't python-check-custom-command permanent buffer local?
@ 2015-01-26 22:55   ` Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2015-01-26 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: fgallina, emacs-devel

I am sorry, my fault, of course I meant exactly what you said, and for
the reason you mention.

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org> <http://www.childpsy.net/>

* Re: why isn't python-check-custom-command permanent buffer local?
@ 2015-01-27  2:01     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-01-27  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Steingold; +Cc: fgallina, emacs-devel

Sorry, then let me rephrase my previous answer:

>>> IMO python-check-custom-command should be permanent buffer local.
>>> unless someone explains why not, I will make it so.

Over my dead body!
Are you out of your mind?
¡¡It should be buffer local!!

        Stefan "go ahead, and thank you"