* recent eieio changes -- 5de342720?
@ 2015-04-15 12:42 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-04-15 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I ought to have my head examined for updating Emacs git every couple of
days, but...

Some recent commit (I suspect 5de342720) changed things in EIEIO so that
(in my particular case) both Helm and the Gnus registry are blowing up
with:

eieio--class-slot-initarg: Wrong type argument: eieio--class,
[cl-struct-eieio--class registry-db nil ([cl-struct-eieio--class
eieio-persistent "This special class enables persistence through save
files...

Followed by the entire definition of eieio-persistent.

I've done a bootstrap or two and recompiled everything, and the problem
remains. I've put some things in the registry that I don't want to lose,
so I'd prefer not to roll back. So I'll just leave this here and then,
you know, sit tight and hope someone's watching...

Thanks,
Eric

* Re: recent eieio changes -- 5de342720?
@ 2015-04-15 13:26 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-04-15 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> I ought to have my head examined for updating Emacs git every couple of
> days, but...
>
> Some recent commit (I suspect 5de342720) changed things in EIEIO so that
> (in my particular case) both Helm and the Gnus registry are blowing up
> with:
>
> eieio--class-slot-initarg: Wrong type argument: eieio--class,
> [cl-struct-eieio--class registry-db nil ([cl-struct-eieio--class
> eieio-persistent "This special class enables persistence through save
> files...
>
> Followed by the entire definition of eieio-persistent.
>
> I've done a bootstrap or two and recompiled everything, and the problem
> remains. I've put some things in the registry that I don't want to lose,
> so I'd prefer not to roll back. So I'll just leave this here and then,
> you know, sit tight and hope someone's watching...

Holding on to that running emacs wasn't too realistic, so I rolled back
to 17d667, the commit before 5de342, and boostrapped again, and
EIEIO is working again.

* Re: recent eieio changes -- 5de342720?
@ 2015-04-15 14:27 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-04-15 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Some recent commit (I suspect 5de342720) changed things in EIEIO so that
> (in my particular case) both Helm and the Gnus registry are blowing up
> with:

> eieio--class-slot-initarg: Wrong type argument: eieio--class,
> [cl-struct-eieio--class registry-db nil ([cl-struct-eieio--class
> eieio-persistent "This special class enables persistence through save
> files...

Please make it a bug-report and include the complete backtrace.

> I've done a bootstrap or two

Good, so we can rule that obvious one out.

* Re: recent eieio changes -- 5de342720?
@ 2015-04-16  1:46   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-04-16  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>> Some recent commit (I suspect 5de342720) changed things in EIEIO so that
>> (in my particular case) both Helm and the Gnus registry are blowing up
>> with:
>
>> eieio--class-slot-initarg: Wrong type argument: eieio--class,
>> [cl-struct-eieio--class registry-db nil ([cl-struct-eieio--class
>> eieio-persistent "This special class enables persistence through save
>> files...
>
> Please make it a bug-report and include the complete backtrace.

Bah, I just pulled and and re-built, and the problem's gone away. Sorry
for the noise.