* Display bug with tabs and horizontal scrolling
@ 2003-10-06 20:13 Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2003-10-06 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a display bug when a TAB is only partially displayed at the left
edge.  To reproduce enable truncate-lines, type some TABs until the window
is scrolled due to automatic horizontal scrolling, then type some normal
characters.  Reposition the display by typing C-a C-e.  If you now type
DEL you will see that more than one character is erased from display,
depending on how much of the first visible TAB character is actually
visible.  This problem is only reproducable with X, not with tty output.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg

* Re: Display bug with tabs and horizontal scrolling
@ 2003-11-17 15:22 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2003-11-17 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> There is a display bug when a TAB is only partially displayed at the left
> edge.  To reproduce enable truncate-lines, type some TABs until the window
> is scrolled due to automatic horizontal scrolling, then type some normal
> characters.  Reposition the display by typing C-a C-e.  If you now type
> DEL you will see that more than one character is erased from display,
> depending on how much of the first visible TAB character is actually
> visible.  This problem is only reproducable with X, not with tty output.

I think this problem should be fixed by my recent changes.
Can you pls. check.

* Re: Display bug with tabs and horizontal scrolling
@ 2003-11-17 23:39   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2003-11-17 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:
>
>> There is a display bug when a TAB is only partially displayed at the left
>> edge.  To reproduce enable truncate-lines, type some TABs until the window
>> is scrolled due to automatic horizontal scrolling, then type some normal
>> characters.  Reposition the display by typing C-a C-e.  If you now type
>> DEL you will see that more than one character is erased from display,
>> depending on how much of the first visible TAB character is actually
>> visible.  This problem is only reproducable with X, not with tty output.
>>

> I think this problem should be fixed by my recent changes.

Not completely.  The problem is still visible when the window is redrawn
due to an exposure event.

@ 2003-11-19  0:47     ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2003-11-19  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
> > Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:
> >
> >> There is a display bug when a TAB is only partially displayed at the left
> >> edge.  To reproduce enable truncate-lines, type some TABs until the window
> >> is scrolled due to automatic horizontal scrolling, then type some normal
> >> characters.  Reposition the display by typing C-a C-e.  If you now type
> >> DEL you will see that more than one character is erased from display,
> >> depending on how much of the first visible TAB character is actually
> >> visible.  This problem is only reproducable with X, not with tty output.
> >>

> > I think this problem should be fixed by my recent changes.
>
> Not completely.  The problem is still visible when the window is redrawn
> due to an exposure event.

Good catch!  That was a completely unrelated bug in expose_area.

I have just committed a fix.  Pls. check again.

* Re: Display bug with tabs and horizontal scrolling
@ 2003-11-22  0:22       ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2003-11-22  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

no-spam@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Good catch!  That was a completely unrelated bug in expose_area.
>
> I have just committed a fix.  Pls. check again.

Looks like it's fixed now.

Thanks, Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg