* What can I do with this?
@ 2006-01-23 14:09 Herbert Euler
From: Herbert Euler @ 2006-01-23 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm using Emacs Unicode 2 from CVS, the latest checking
happens on today. I encountered the following message:

[xgp@server64 ~]$ %1
emacs
Auto-save? (y or n) y
Auto-save done
Abort (and dump core)? (y or n) y
Fatal error (6)
Aborted
[xgp@server64 ~]$

What can I do now? How could I provide helpful information?
I didn't find any 'core dump' file. Thanks.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

* Re: What can I do with this?
@ 2006-01-23 23:25 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-01-23 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: "Herbert Euler" <herberteuler@hotmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:09:53 +0800
>
> [xgp@server64 ~]$ %1
> emacs
> Auto-save? (y or n) y
> Auto-save done
> Abort (and dump core)? (y or n) y
> Fatal error (6)
> Aborted
> [xgp@server64 ~]$
>
> What can I do now? How could I provide helpful information?
> I didn't find any 'core dump' file.

The most probable reason why you didn't find any core file is that
your shell limits core file to zero size.  Use the `ulimit' command to
set the core file size to unlimited, and then try again running Emacs.

* Re: What can I do with this?
@ 2006-01-24  0:18 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2006-01-24  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"Herbert Euler" <herberteuler@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Emacs Unicode 2 from CVS, the latest checking
> happens on today. I encountered the following message:
>
> [xgp@server64 ~]$ %1
> emacs
> Auto-save? (y or n) y
> Auto-save done
> Abort (and dump core)? (y or n) y
> Fatal error (6)
> Aborted
> [xgp@server64 ~]$
>
> What can I do now?

Run emacs in gdb, see etc/DEBUG for more information.

Andreas.