* [pogonyshev@gmx.net: windows-1251 language environment]
@ 2003-09-30 20:23 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-09-30 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

What do others think about this?

Date: 29 Sep 2003 16:47:35 +0000
From: Paul Pogonyshev <pogonyshev@gmx.net>
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: windows-1251 language environment
Sender: bug-gnu-emacs-bounces+rms=gnu.org@gnu.org

I recompiled Emacs today and found that "Windows-1251" language
environment is gone.  This is definitely a wrong decision.  Maybe you
removed it because you dislike Windows (me too, i don't use it) -- i
don't know, but by far the most of russian speakers use `cp1251'
codepage and i and many others have to cooperate.

It was not hard for me to hack `language/cyrillic.el' and return that
language environment, but i ask you to revert the change in the Emacs
CVS tree.

Paul Pogonyshev

* Re: [pogonyshev@gmx.net: windows-1251 language environment]
@ 2003-09-30 21:59 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-09-30 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

It is a frequent request among Gnus users to get various cp* working,
so unless there is some big disadvantage in enabling them by default
(like major memory increase), I think it would be good to enable it.