* vc-log-view-mode broken
@ 2013-06-07 11:39 Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2013-06-07 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I am running a self-built emacs built from top of tree (daily) using
msys/mingw on Win7 64bit.

vc-log-view-mode is not working, and reports an error when trying to
display the log. The problem was introduced in this commit:

revno: 112843 [merge]
committer: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Tue 2013-06-04 07:37:20 +0800
message:
  Some fix for VC.

That changeset added these entries to the keymap:

+    ("\x7f"	. 	scroll-down-command)
+    (33554464	.	scroll-down-command)

The second one looks wrong to me, and the reset of the commit seems to
make fairly arbitrary changes. Removing those lines and byte compiling
fixes the problem.

Can someone please fix the broken keymap entry and review the other
changes ?

    AndyM

* Re: vc-log-view-mode broken
@ 2013-06-09 17:56 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-06-09 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, xfq.free; +Cc: Andy Moreton

Andy Moreton wrote:

> vc-log-view-mode is not working, and reports an error when trying to
> display the log. The problem was introduced in this commit:
>
> revno: 112843 [merge]
> committer: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com>
> branch nick: trunk
> timestamp: Tue 2013-06-04 07:37:20 +0800
> message:
>   Some fix for VC.
>

> That changeset added these entries to the keymap:
>
> +    ("\x7f"	. 	scroll-down-command)
> +    (33554464	.	scroll-down-command)
>
> The second one looks wrong to me, and the reset of the commit seems to
> make fairly arbitrary changes. Removing those lines and byte compiling
> fixes the problem.

Xue, any comment?

Now also reported as

* Re: vc-log-view-mode broken
@ 2013-06-12 13:57   ` Aneesh Kumar K.V
From: Aneesh Kumar K.V @ 2013-06-12 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris, emacs-devel, xfq.free; +Cc: Andy Moreton

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Andy Moreton wrote:
>
>> vc-log-view-mode is not working, and reports an error when trying to
>> display the log. The problem was introduced in this commit:
>>
>> revno: 112843 [merge]
>> committer: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com>
>> branch nick: trunk
>> timestamp: Tue 2013-06-04 07:37:20 +0800
>> message:
>>   Some fix for VC.
>>

>> That changeset added these entries to the keymap:
>>
>> +    ("\x7f"	. 	scroll-down-command)
>> +    (33554464	.	scroll-down-command)
>>
>> The second one looks wrong to me, and the reset of the commit seems to
>> make fairly arbitrary changes. Removing those lines and byte compiling
>> fixes the problem.
>
> Xue, any comment?
>
> Now also reported as
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14583

Did this get fixed ? If not may be we want to revert the commit ?
Display diff from log using 'D' is also not working.

-aneesh

* Re: vc-log-view-mode broken
@ 2013-06-12 17:41     ` Richard Copley
From: Richard Copley @ 2013-06-12 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aneesh Kumar K.V; +Cc: xfq.free, Andy Moreton, Emacs Development

On 12 June 2013 14:57, Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com>wrote:

> Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Andy Moreton wrote:
> >
> >> vc-log-view-mode is not working, and reports an error when trying to
> >> display the log. The problem was introduced in this commit:
> >>
> >> revno: 112843 [merge]
> >> committer: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com>
> >> branch nick: trunk
> >> timestamp: Tue 2013-06-04 07:37:20 +0800
> >> message:
> >>   Some fix for VC.
> >>

> >> That changeset added these entries to the keymap:
> >>
> >> +    (" "    .       scroll-down-command)
> >> +    (33554464       .       scroll-down-command)
> >>
> >> The second one looks wrong to me, and the reset of the commit seems to
> >> make fairly arbitrary changes. Removing those lines and byte compiling
> >> fixes the problem.
> >
> > Xue, any comment?
> >
> > Now also reported as
> > http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14583
>
> Did this get fixed ? If not may be we want to revert the commit ?

Might at least get Xue's attention :)

> Display diff from log using 'D' is also not working.

But using "d" it works fine ...

* Re: vc-log-view-mode broken
@ 2013-06-12 17:45     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-06-12 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aneesh Kumar K.V; +Cc: xfq.free, Andy Moreton, emacs-devel

"Aneesh Kumar K.V" wrote:

>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14583
>
> Did this get fixed ?

Have you tried reading the link?

* Re: vc-log-view-mode broken
@ 2013-06-12 22:29       ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-06-12 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development

Sorry about this bug.  It should be fixed with this commit:
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/revision/112921