* subr-x on older Emacsen
@ 2014-07-15 13:08 Sebastian Wiesner
From: Sebastian Wiesner @ 2014-07-15 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I’d like to use the new subr-x library in my Emacs Lisp projects, and I’m searching for advice on how to handle backwards compatibility.

As you know, subr-x was only recently introduced in Emacs trunk, and is not available in any Emacs release.  Currently, I simply copy those functions that I need into my code, guarding their definition with `(unless (features 'subr-x) …)'.

This scales poorly across many projects, obviously, so I’d like to know if there is a better approach to handle this problem.  Is their a compatibility package for subr-x on GNU ELPA, similar to cl-lib?

Greetings,
Sebastian Wiesner