* making known the Emacs terms of art   [was: Apologia for bzr]
@ 2014-01-03 21:59 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2014-01-03 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

From thread "Apologia for bzr":

> I bet you can dip into any number of Info nodes where the
> terms "buffer" and "window" are used without definition.

True.  But it doesn't have to be that way.

Some manuals, in particular the Emacs manual, have extensive
glossaries.  What's missing is to (a) indicate, in the body of
the manual, which terms are glossary terms, and (b) link those
occurrences to the corresponding definitions.  And preferably
do so using a different link face.  And provide an option or
a toggle key for such highlighting.

FWIW, I've filed an enhancement request (#16333) for this.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-01-03 21:59 UTC | newest]