* unicode branch:_ error in ftfont.c under fedora 8
@ 2007-12-02 15:59 Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2007-12-02 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi!
I'm normally a windows user but I just got fedora 8 working on my laptop
and I needed to do some work on it using emacs. I use emacs under
windows, solaris and fedora and have on monolithic .emacs file so I
don't have to maintain different versions.
However, I noticed the font I used under fedora 7 didn't want to work
under fedora 8 and none of the very few fonts availabe when I tried
shift+left mouse button was satisfying.
I got the idea that I should try and build the emacs-23 branch to see if
I could get emacs to use the font bitstream vera sans mono which I
installed. I downloaded the sources with:
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@gnu.savannah.org:/sources/emacs co -r
emacs-unicode-2 emacs
Configured with:
$ ./configure --with-gtk --enable-font-backend --with-xft
and then
$ make bootstrap

It stops with an error in ftfont.c:
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_open':
ftfont.c:738: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member 'maybe_otf'
ftfont.c:739: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member 'otf'

I'm writing this from windows so I hope I copied all the text correctly
(I haven't setup my mail, news and gmane-reader under fedora yet).
Hope this information will be of some help.

- Eric

* Re: unicode branch:_ error in ftfont.c under fedora 8
@ 2007-12-03  2:07 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2007-12-03  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: emacs-devel

In article <fiukpp$jdv$1@ger.gmane.org>, Eric Lilja <mindcooler@gmail.com> writes:

> $ make bootstrap

> It stops with an error in ftfont.c:
> ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_open':
> ftfont.c:738: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member 'maybe_otf'
> ftfont.c:739: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member 'otf'

I've just installed a fix.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

* Re: unicode branch:_ error in ftfont.c under fedora 8
@ 2007-12-03  6:10 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-12-03  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: emacs-devel

    I'm normally a windows user but I just got fedora 8 working on my laptop

I am glad you are starting to explore GNU/Linux.
With luck you will be able to defenestrate (*) your computers soon.

    It stops with an error in ftfont.c:
    ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_open':
    ftfont.c:738: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member 'maybe_otf'
    ftfont.c:739: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member 'otf'

It does not fail for me.  Since it fails for you, can you investigate why?

* Either throw Windows out of the computer, or throw the computer
out the window.

* Re: unicode branch:_ error in ftfont.c under fedora 8
@ 2007-12-03 10:11 樊帆
From: 樊帆 @ 2007-12-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: emacs-devel

i get the same problem with cvs, some hard time to fix,no result, then
i use tla,then it works. dot no why