* How can I find the source of warnings in *Compile-Log*?
@ 2005-04-26 17:25 Eric Hanchrow
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2005-04-26 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running CVS Emacs.  I've noticed that whenever I start it, it
shows me a buffer named *Compile-Log*, whose content is always

    Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
    Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
    Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
    Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)

I can't figure out how to find out what's causing those warnings.
I've been ignoring them for ages, to no noticeable ill effect, but
they're starting to annoy me ... any ideas for tracking down their
cause?

--
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age,
gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that

* Re: How can I find the source of warnings in *Compile-Log*?
@ 2005-04-26 20:36 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-04-26 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> I'm running CVS Emacs.  I've noticed that whenever I start it, it
> shows me a buffer named *Compile-Log*, whose content is always
>
>     Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
>     Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
>     Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
>     Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
>
> I can't figure out how to find out what's causing those warnings.
> I've been ignoring them for ages, to no noticeable ill effect, but
> they're starting to annoy me ... any ideas for tracking down their
> cause?

The *Compile-Log* buffer is where byte compiler warnings and error
messages are displayed, so something in your .emacs (or other
initialization files) is byte-compiling some code.  Usually the culprit
is a defadvice form that specifies the compile flag.

Those particular warnings mean there are 4 function calls in the code
being compiled that look like this:

(error "This doesn't contain any percent characters" arg-1)

--
Kevin Rodgers