* Feature requests for dictionary.el
@ 2020-10-01 17:08 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-01 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Hilbrich; +Cc: emacs-devel

Dear Torsten,

I did not know dictionary.el exists, but now it is all great, thank
you much.

I was using my version that uses local dict/dico client and gives me
results.

I would really like Emacs to have option in the main streem: Look up
word -- so that is why I proposed, I hope soon Eli or other developers
will tell how to proceed.

My proposal is following:

- I have seen that M-x dictionary-search is not looking for terms, it
  is looking for single word. But that is incorrect. Look this
  example:
  https://dicoweb.gnu.org.ua/?q=under+fire&server=dico.gnu.org.ua&db=*&strategy=.&search=Search

  So there are many terms that consists of multiple words, such as
  "under fire"

- Thus my proposal is that you improve the function, so that it marked
  region is looked as term, such as "under fire".

- Then if region is not marked for multiple words, it should look for
  nearest word.

I hope you understand it.

Jean

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-01 17:08 UTC | newest]