* Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-06-13  8:07 Toon Claes
From: Toon Claes @ 2019-06-13  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

There was a problem with the Docker image used on emba.gnu.org, causing
all builds to fail.

I've resolved that, and the failures now are legit:

SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
-----------------------
Files examined: 233
Ran 3267 tests, 3136 results as expected, 5 unexpected, 126 skipped
4 files contained unexpected results:
  lisp/url/url-tramp-tests.log
  lisp/play/morse-tests.log
  lisp/image-tests.log
  lisp/autorevert-tests.log

https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/2143/raw

--
Toon

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-06-13  9:27 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-06-13  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

Toon Claes <toon@iotcl.com> writes:

> There was a problem with the Docker image used on emba.gnu.org, causing
> all builds to fail.
>
> I've resolved that,

Thanks!

> and the failures now are legit:
>
> SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
> -----------------------
> Files examined: 233
> Ran 3267 tests, 3136 results as expected, 5 unexpected, 126 skipped
> 4 files contained unexpected results:
>   lisp/url/url-tramp-tests.log
>   lisp/play/morse-tests.log
>   lisp/image-tests.log
>   lisp/autorevert-tests.log
>
> https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/2143/raw

I'll check url-tramp-tests and autorevert-tests.

Best regards, Michael.

PS: Is there a chance to run an Emacs build for MS Windows on emba?
Since I have no access to MS Windows, it would be helpful to see the
respective test reports for the packages I feel responsible for.

Same question for *BSD builds and/or macOS builds.

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-06-13 11:51 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-06-13 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

Toon Claes <toon@iotcl.com> writes:

> SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
> -----------------------
> Files examined: 233
> Ran 3267 tests, 3136 results as expected, 5 unexpected, 126 skipped
> 4 files contained unexpected results:
>   lisp/url/url-tramp-tests.log
>   lisp/play/morse-tests.log
>   lisp/image-tests.log
>   lisp/autorevert-tests.log

I tried the image and morse tests, and both passed (Debian stretch)...

(This is on master.)

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-06-13 11:57   ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2019-06-13 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Toon Claes, emacs-devel

    Lars> Toon Claes <toon@iotcl.com> writes:
    >> SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
    >> -----------------------
    >> Files examined: 233
    >> Ran 3267 tests, 3136 results as expected, 5 unexpected, 126 skipped
    >> 4 files contained unexpected results:
    >> lisp/url/url-tramp-tests.log
    >> lisp/play/morse-tests.log
    >> lisp/image-tests.log
    >> lisp/autorevert-tests.log

    Lars> I tried the image and morse tests, and both passed (Debian stretch)...

    Lars> (This is on master.)

I seem to recall that the EMBA builds are tty-only, which might
explain that.

Robert

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-06-13 12:01     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-06-13 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> I seem to recall that the EMBA builds are tty-only, which might
> explain that.

Hm...  I thought all the tests ran with --batch, which I thought that
the tests were always done with something approaching a tty-only feature
set?

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-07-15 12:16 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-07-15 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

Toon Claes <toon@iotcl.com> writes:

Hi Toon,

> There was a problem with the Docker image used on emba.gnu.org, causing
> all builds to fail.
>
> I've resolved that, and the failures now are legit:

Since a couple of days, there are no log files anymore on emba.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-07-15 13:28   ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2019-07-15 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus, Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 15.07.2019 15:16, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Toon Claes <toon@iotcl.com> writes:
>
> Hi Toon,
>
>> There was a problem with the Docker image used on emba.gnu.org, causing
>> all builds to fail.
>>
>> I've resolved that, and the failures now are legit:
>
> Since a couple of days, there are no log files anymore on emba.

It seems like the gitlab-runner is not responding (so no builds are
being run). Someone should contact the admins, I think.

I wish we had some sort of diagram, like what's running on where, and
who is responsible for certain parts.

* Re: Builds on EMBA are running again
@ 2019-07-19  8:33     ` Toon Claes
       [not found]       ` <m2tvbipfuh.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Toon Claes @ 2019-07-19  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Gutov; +Cc: Michael Albinus, emacs-devel

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> It seems like the gitlab-runner is not responding (so no builds are
> being run). Someone should contact the admins, I think.

I reinstalled the runner, this time properly through apt-get. And got it
going again.

> I wish we had some sort of diagram, like what's running on where, and
> who is responsible for certain parts.

AFAIK only Ted and me can log in to EMBA's ssh. And last time I've heard
from Ted, he's way too busy at work to keep up with this mailing list.

You as for now, it comes down to me. I'm happy to accept help from
anyone, cause as you have noticed, I'm also not that quick to respond.

I'm usually lurking the threads on emacs-devel, but it might have
happened I would have missed this thread. So if you want to make sure
you've got my attention, feel free to send me a separate mail directly
to me (not CC'ing emacs-devel, cause otherwise my mail filter would
pull it from my Inbox).

--

@ 2019-07-19 11:51         ` Toon Claes
From: Toon Claes @ 2019-07-19 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> I can offer my help, depending on what's needed. Iʼm assuming 'log in
> to emba and run command <foo> to restart stuff' is generally what gets
> done.

Thus far we didn't have too much maintenance. And when we did have, the
problems were varied. So if you don't mind looking into various issues,
I'm happy to have you on board.

So if you like to get ssh access to the machine, I should bring you in
contact with the FSF admins. They will take the necessary steps to
verify things and give you access.

--

@ 2019-07-19 12:18           ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2019-07-19 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Toon> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
    >> I can offer my help, depending on what's needed. Iʼm assuming 'log in
    >> to emba and run command <foo> to restart stuff' is generally what gets
    >> done.

    Toon> Thus far we didn't have too much maintenance. And when we did have, the
    Toon> problems were varied. So if you don't mind looking into various issues,
    Toon> I'm happy to have you on board.

    Toon> So if you like to get ssh access to the machine, I should bring you in
    Toon> contact with the FSF admins. They will take the necessary steps to
    Toon> verify things and give you access.

Works for me.

Thanks

Robert

@ 2019-07-30 13:20       ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2019-07-30 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: Michael Albinus, emacs-devel

On 19.07.2019 11:33, Toon Claes wrote:

> I reinstalled the runner, this time properly through apt-get. And got it
> going again.

Thank you!

> You as for now, it comes down to me. I'm happy to accept help from
> anyone, cause as you have noticed, I'm also not that quick to respond.

I can ask for ssh access and try to help, but TBH I've never had a
chance to install GitLab from scratch, or do any proper administration
of it, so some sort of outline of what's running where (and what was
done to set it up) would help immensely. Even if it's very brief. (I can
google).

> I'm usually lurking the threads on emacs-devel, but it might have
> happened I would have missed this thread. So if you want to make sure
> you've got my attention, feel free to send me a separate mail directly
> to me (not CC'ing emacs-devel, cause otherwise my mail filter would
> pull it from my Inbox).

Makes sense.