* org mode and utf8/latin-1 in a custom file org-structure-template-alist
@ 2018-12-05 17:01 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-12-05 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi

I wanted to set

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-structure-template-alist
   '(
     ("c" "* Comentarios Hoja ?

| Documentación código | Explicación código | fichero MLX | Impresión |
|----------------------+--------------------+-------------+-----------|
|                      |                    |             |           |
"))))

But emacs tell me that I cannot have ó in a unibyte buffer. Any advice?

Uwe Brauer

* Re: org mode and utf8/latin-1 in a custom file org-structure-template-alist
@ 2018-12-05 17:42 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2018-12-05 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi Uwe,

> (custom-set-variables
>  '(org-structure-template-alist
>    '(
>      ("c" "* Comentarios Hoja ?
>
> > Documentación código | Explicación código | fichero MLX | Impresión |

> "))))
>
> But emacs tell me that I cannot have ó in a unibyte buffer. Any advice?

What is the buffer in question?  Either your `custom-file' is in some
unibyte encoding so you cannot write the custom value to it or you've
expanded the template in an org file which happens to use some unibyte
encoding, and now you cannot save that.

Bye,
Tassilo