* cc-create-define-alist on w32
@ 2005-05-03  5:45 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2005-05-03  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

The recently introduced `cc-create-define-alist' causes the following
problem with Emacs on MinGW: When I load a C program into a buffer the
process "/lib/cpp" gets called.  However, with MinGW "cpp.exe" is by
default in "...\MinGW\bin\" and an error is reported.

* cc-create-define-alist on w32
@ 2005-05-03 22:12 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-05-03 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eduardo Dominguez, emacs-devel

 > The recently introduced `cc-create-define-alist' causes the following
 > problem with Emacs on MinGW: When I load a C program into a buffer the
 > process "/lib/cpp" gets called.  However, with MinGW "cpp.exe" is by
 > default in "...\MinGW\bin\" and an error is reported.

and

 > I'm running emacs from CVS and php-mode (which depends on c-mode) is
 > failling with the following error:

 > cc-create-define-alist: Searching for program: no such file or
 > directory, /lib/cpp

Please update from the repository, recompile your lisp files, and rebuild
Emacs (just make). The problem should be fixed.

Eduardo, what system are you running? Does it have cpp and/or gcc? If so
what directory are they in?

Nick

* Re: cc-create-define-alist on w32
@ 2005-05-03 23:47   ` Eduardo Dominguez
From: Eduardo Dominguez @ 2005-05-03 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: martin rudalics, emacs-devel

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4. It has both cpp and gcc, both in /usr/bin.

Thanks!

--
Eduardo