* Continuing work on 'with-poll' feature (more file descriptors)
@ 2024-01-23 18:30 Jonathon McKitrick via Emacs development discussions.
From: Jonathon McKitrick via Emacs development discussions. @ 2024-01-23 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, rpluim

I'm interested in testing this feature and helping with development.

Let me know when you're ready to start again.

Specifically, it works fine for me except in CIDER mode, so I'd like to
research that a bit more and take my findings back to the CIDER team
and see if it's something they can easily support, and how I might help.

Thanks!

Jonathon McKitrick
--
'My other computer is your Windows box.'

* Re: Continuing work on 'with-poll' feature (more file descriptors)
@ 2024-01-29  9:06 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2024-01-29  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathon McKitrick; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Jonathon> I'm interested in testing this feature and helping with development.
    Jonathon> Let me know when you're ready to start again.

    Jonathon> Specifically, it works fine for me except in CIDER mode, so I'd like to
    Jonathon> research that a bit more and take my findings back to the CIDER team
    Jonathon> and see if it's something they can easily support, and how I might help.

    Jonathon> Thanks!

I hate to leave this hanging, but at the moment I have no time to work
on Emacs at all. I cannot predict when that might change.

Robert

* Re: Continuing work on 'with-poll' feature (more file descriptors)
@ 2024-02-29 14:49   ` Jonathon McKitrick via Emacs development discussions.
From: Jonathon McKitrick via Emacs development discussions. @ 2024-02-29 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 10:06:37AM +0100, Robert Pluim wrote:
: >>>>> On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:30:06 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@SDF.ORG> said:
:
:     Jonathon> I'm interested in testing this feature and helping with development.
:     Jonathon> Let me know when you're ready to start again.
:
:     Jonathon> Specifically, it works fine for me except in CIDER mode, so I'd like to
:     Jonathon> research that a bit more and take my findings back to the CIDER team
:     Jonathon> and see if it's something they can easily support, and how I might help.
:
:     Jonathon> Thanks!
:
: I hate to leave this hanging, but at the moment I have no time to work
: on Emacs at all. I cannot predict when that might change.

Just putting it out there... if you'd be interesting in some light mentoring,
I'd be happy to work on this in your stead, even if it's only keeping it
up-to-date with master and doing some basic testing.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
'My other computer is your Windows box.'