* Adding adoc-mode (a major mode for working with AsciiDoc) to NonGNU ELPA
@ 2023-08-02  7:56 Bozhidar Batsov
From: Bozhidar Batsov @ 2023-08-02  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Hey there!

I've taken up the maintenance of adoc-mode (https://github.com/bbatsov/adoc-mode) a while ago (see https://metaredux.com/posts/2023/03/12/adoc-mode-reborn.html) and I was wondering if we can include it in NonGNU ELPA. I think AsciiDoc is fairly popular, so it'd be nice if people can get a major mode for editing AsciiDoc documents without setting up additional repos. Any thoughts on this?

* Re: Adding adoc-mode (a major mode for working with AsciiDoc) to NonGNU ELPA
@ 2023-08-02 12:49 ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2023-08-02 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bozhidar Batsov; +Cc: Emacs Devel

"Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.net> writes:

> Hey there!
>
> I've taken up the maintenance of adoc-mode
> (https://github.com/bbatsov/adoc-mode) a while ago (see
> https://metaredux.com/posts/2023/03/12/adoc-mode-reborn.html) and I
> was wondering if we can include it in NonGNU ELPA. I think AsciiDoc is
> fairly popular, so it'd be nice if people can get a major mode for
> editing AsciiDoc documents without setting up additional repos. Any
> thoughts on this?

I think it would be nice, do you think there is a chance that it could
be added to GNU ELPA?

* Re: Adding adoc-mode (a major mode for working with AsciiDoc) to NonGNU ELPA
@ 2023-08-02 14:10   ` Bozhidar Batsov
From: Bozhidar Batsov @ 2023-08-02 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: Emacs Devel

I prefer NonGNU ELPA, so we won't create obstacles for new contributors. Few people are excited about contributor agreements.

@ 2023-08-03  2:56     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2023-08-03  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bozhidar Batsov; +Cc: philipk, emacs-devel

  > I prefer NonGNU ELPA, so we won't create obstacles for new
  > contributors. Few people are excited about contributor agreements.

It depends what other facilities will want to use this and how.
Packages in Emacs core or GNU ELOA must not depend on packages in
NonGNU ELPA.

* Re: Adding adoc-mode (a major mode for working with AsciiDoc) to NonGNU ELPA
@ 2023-08-04  5:09       ` Bozhidar Batsov
From: Bozhidar Batsov @ 2023-08-04  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: Philip Kaludercic, Emacs Devel

Yeah, I totally get this. Given the nature of the mode I doubt they'll be any packages depending on it. (currently there are none to my knowledge) If this changes we can discuss moving it to GNU ELPA.

@ 2023-09-09 16:55 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-09-09 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bozhidar Batsov; +Cc: Emacs Devel

* Bozhidar Batsov <bozhidar@batsov.net> [2023-08-02 14:53]:
> Hey there!
>
> I've taken up the maintenance of adoc-mode
> (https://github.com/bbatsov/adoc-mode) a while ago (see
> https://metaredux.com/posts/2023/03/12/adoc-mode-reborn.html) and I
> was wondering if we can include it in NonGNU ELPA. I think AsciiDoc
> is fairly popular, so it'd be nice if people can get a major mode
> for editing AsciiDoc documents without setting up additional
> repos. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you, I am using adoc-mode frequently.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman