* Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Fancy fonts & tables)
@ 2021-08-02  8:48 Anand Tamariya
From: Anand Tamariya @ 2021-08-02  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Here is my next iteration on basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs for
printing fancy fonts and tables. Now you can print Sudoku grid, lotto
tickets or quick party invites for some weekend fun.

   -

   Run M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to printer.
   -

   Run C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to file (PS
   format).

*Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev

*Screenshots:*
https://lifeofpenguin.blogspot.com/2021/06/basic-wysiwyg-printing-in-gnu-emacs.html

* Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Fancy fonts & tables)
@ 2021-09-25 13:55 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-09-25 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> [2021-08-02 11:49]:
> Here is my next iteration on basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs for
> printing fancy fonts and tables. Now you can print Sudoku grid, lotto
> tickets or quick party invites for some weekend fun.
>
>    -
>
>    Run M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to printer.
>    -
>
>    Run C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to file (PS
>    format).
>
> *Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev

Is it somewhere isolated as a package?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Fancy fonts & tables)
@ 2021-09-27  7:37   ` Anand Tamariya
From: Anand Tamariya @ 2021-09-27  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya, Emacs Devel

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 7:28 PM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> [2021-08-02 11:49]:
> > Here is my next iteration on basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs for
> > printing fancy fonts and tables. Now you can print Sudoku grid, lotto
> > tickets or quick party invites for some weekend fun.
> >
> >    -
> >
> >    Run M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to printer.
> >    -
> >
> >    Run C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to file (PS
> >    format).
> >
> > *Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev
>
> Is it somewhere isolated as a package?

No, it's not available as a package. You can use the patch
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-08/msg00355.html

* Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Fancy fonts & tables)
@ 2021-09-27  8:58     ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-09-27  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya; +Cc: Emacs Devel

* Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> [2021-09-27 10:39]:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 7:28 PM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
>
> > * Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> [2021-08-02 11:49]:
> > > Here is my next iteration on basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs for
> > > printing fancy fonts and tables. Now you can print Sudoku grid, lotto
> > > tickets or quick party invites for some weekend fun.
> > >
> > >    -
> > >
> > >    Run M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to printer.
> > >    -
> > >
> > >    Run C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to file (PS
> > >    format).
> > >
> > > *Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev
> >
> > Is it somewhere isolated as a package?
> >
> No, it's not available as a package. You can use the patch
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-08/msg00355.html

Can you make a package?

I really need this type of printing but I am on official development
version and I would not like patching it.