* Packages for ELPA, emacs-libpq
       [not found]         ` <jwv5z13zda4.fsf-monnier+emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2021-04-03 16:26           ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-04-03 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Arthur Miller, emacs-devel

Dear Stefan,

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2021-04-03 16:55]:
> > Personally I do not need version numbers, but Emacs package needs
> > it. Presentation as floating point is I think, but not so sure, one
> > of possibilities.
> >
> > My function is not quite compatible with `version-to-list'.
>
> I haven't followed what you're doing (so I have no idea if your "Emacs
> packages" are ELPA packages), but I'll point out that ELPA package
> version numbers *have to* be compatible with `version-to-list`.

Discussion is about one package I am using personally for version
control. Its requirement is package `emacs-libpq'. Once `emacs-libpq'
is in ELPA, there will be new packages for ELPA based on it.

This package that I use now is `rcd-vc' that provides version control
based on database backend. I find it naive yet, but it works for my
personal needs. It will improve. People may use any kinds of version
control names or numbers and not only for Emacs Lisp.

I am moving this email to emacs-devel, from gnu-hhelp-emacs

emacs-libpq is package that should come to ELPA, authors have already
agreed on it, I think they would need help from developers, some
assistance on how to provide package to ELPA. It is very significant
package as it provides module for PostgreSQL database.

Link: https://github.com/anse1/emacs-libpq

Please see the issue:
https://github.com/anse1/emacs-libpq/issues/12

They agreed. Recently before few months, they wrote on the mailing
list. Both of them said to have sent copyright assignments. Can you
verify it?

Can you help that package get included?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://rms-support-letter.github.io/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-03 16:26 UTC | newest]