* dpyinfo
@ 2020-12-09 21:55 Alan Third
From: Alan Third @ 2020-12-09 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I've been looking at using the screen's actual DPI setting when
generating SVG files for bug 45124 and I was wondering if the dpyinfo
struct is updated as the frame moves from screen to screen? My guess
is that it's not, and it's only set when the frame is created?

(The NS port is a mess with respect to DPI. There are at least two
different values hard-coded into various places.)
--
Alan Third

* Re: dpyinfo
@ 2020-12-10 13:57 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-12-10 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Third; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 21:55:56 +0000
> From: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
>
> I've been looking at using the screen's actual DPI setting when
> generating SVG files for bug 45124 and I was wondering if the dpyinfo
> struct is updated as the frame moves from screen to screen? My guess
> is that it's not, and it's only set when the frame is created?

The resolution is set in init_xterm, so I'd expect it to be run
whenever a new display is open, not when a frame is created.  What
happens when one moves from one screen to another, I don't know, but
if they are on the same X display, the resolution indeed doesn't
change, AFAICT.

* Re: dpyinfo
@ 2020-12-10 19:48   ` Alan Third
From: Alan Third @ 2020-12-10 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 03:57:47PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 21:55:56 +0000
> > From: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
> >
> > I've been looking at using the screen's actual DPI setting when
> > generating SVG files for bug 45124 and I was wondering if the dpyinfo
> > struct is updated as the frame moves from screen to screen? My guess
> > is that it's not, and it's only set when the frame is created?
>
> The resolution is set in init_xterm, so I'd expect it to be run
> whenever a new display is open, not when a frame is created.  What
> happens when one moves from one screen to another, I don't know, but
> if they are on the same X display, the resolution indeed doesn't
> change, AFAICT.

Thanks for confirming what I thought.
--
Alan Third