* Emacs pretest 24.3.90
@ 2014-04-12 19:15 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-04-12 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The first pretest for what will be the 24.4 release of Emacs
(the extensible text editor) is available at

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-24.3.90.tar.xz

If you are not familiar with Emacs pretests, we typically have about
half-a-dozen or so leading up to the actual release, each several weeks
apart. Generally speaking, only bugs get fixed from now till the release.

This first pretest is a great time to verify that Emacs at least builds
for you, especially if you are using one of the less common platforms
that Emacs supports, or if you package Emacs for a distribution.

As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
send a report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org with full details
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).

Thanks for helping to test Emacs.

* Re: Emacs pretest 24.3.90
@ 2014-04-13  3:15 ` jaimef
From: jaimef @ 2014-04-13  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Running eww crashes on NetBSD current.
Not sure if backtrace is useful.
https://gist.github.com/10567308

@ 2014-04-15 16:03 ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2014-04-15 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> The first pretest for what will be the 24.4 release of Emacs
> (the extensible text editor) is available

Will someone be able to build precompiled packages for win32?

--
Avariciously yours,
Uwe

* Re: Emacs pretest 24.3.90
@ 2014-04-15 16:11   ` Dani Moncayo
From: Dani Moncayo @ 2014-04-15 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Siart; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

>> The first pretest for what will be the 24.4 release of Emacs
>> (the extensible text editor) is available
>
> Will someone be able to build precompiled packages for win32?

Someone was able, yes:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-bin/files/releases/

--
Dani Moncayo