* Re: Updating the Emacs Manual
       [not found] <E1EmiWp-00028K-UX@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2005-12-19 22:41 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2005-12-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hi, Richard, Hi, Emacs!

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Richard M. Stallman wrote:

>    I've been actively working on programs.texi since last weekend, and hope
>    to post a patch to emacs-devel for discussion by next weekend.

>Thank you.  Would you please respond to this message when it is posted?

I have just commited a fairly substantial amendment to programs.texi,
incorporating the new features from CC Mode 5.31.  Although it may be a
touch controversial, I've just committed it (rather than posting a
proposed patch) because the patch would probably be uncomfortably large
for emacs-devel.

In summary:
(i) I've documented open-paren-in-column-0-is-defun-start and
considerably relaxed the injunctions about column-zero parens/braces
always starting defuns.
(ii) I've added a LOT of xrefs (possibly too many) to the CC Mode manual.
(iii) I've tidied up the wording in various places where it seemed
confusing to me.

However, I'm confused about the proper names for the backspace and delete
keys (see my other email), so part of my patch probably needs amending.

--
Alan.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-19 22:41 UTC | newest]