* Strange background color problem in gentoo Linux
@ 2014-03-25 19:12 Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2014-03-25 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I am using Gnome2, KDE and MATE on a fresh Gentoo system.
In my .emacs I have:

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(background-color . "#333333"))
(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(foreground-color . "White"))
(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(cursor-color . "White"))

Whenever I use MATE or KDE, emacs fails to set the background color to
Green(#333333), it becomes white instead
and I end up with White one White on White :(
If I open a new Frame I get my Green background though.

This happens on  24.3.50_pre20140228 and 24.3.9999-r1 (top of repo tree)
Tried both gtk2 and gtk3 USE flags

 Jocke

* Re: Strange background color problem in gentoo Linux
@ 2014-03-26 13:46 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2014-03-26 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Tjernlund; +Cc: emacs-devel

Thanks for reporting the bug, which you observed running a GNU/Linux
distro called Gentoo.

The developers of Gentoo call their system "Linux", which means that
they don't give us any credit for our work.  That's not nice of them,
but they don't listen to us.

When you talk about it, would you please give us equal mention
by calling it "GNU/Linux"?  As in "Gentoo GNU/Linux"?

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html and
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html, plus the history in
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.

--