* Why does the key binding list say "Prefix Command"?
@ 2007-11-28 16:41 Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-11-28 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

If you add something like this to a doc string

\\{my-keymap}

the listing may contain several entries where the key binding is "Prefix
Command". In what way is it useful to tell this in the list? Does not
that just confuse users?

PS: Some time ago I asked if not commands in key binding listings should
be surrounded with apostrophes (ie `the-command') so that they were made
into clickabe links. I think I got no respons. What do you think?

In addition to that I wonder if it would not be useful with an optional
long form of the key binding listing where the first line of the doc
string where put on the line below (indented with some spaces).

* Re: Why does the key binding list say "Prefix Command"?
@ 2007-11-29 12:22 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-11-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs-devel

    PS: Some time ago I asked if not commands in key binding listings should
    be surrounded with apostrophes (ie `the-command') so that they were made
    into clickabe links. I think I got no respons. What do you think?

It sounds useful to me as long as it doesn't look bad in practice.

From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-11-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs-devel

    the listing may contain several entries where the key binding is "Prefix
    Command". In what way is it useful to tell this in the list? Does not
    that just confuse users?

It is useful to say that those characters are prefixes.
I do not think it is confusing, so I don't want to change it.

Please let's not spend time discussing it.