* Rmail mbox branch
@ 2006-01-13 22:08 Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2006-01-13 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've started using Rmail, I talked to Alexander Pohoyda who had some
MIME code for Rmail in 2003, and I talked to Henrik Enberg, a fellow
Rmail user who taught me some setup tricks for spam-filtering.

We'd like to pick up the rmail-mbox-branch.  We're planning of merging
new stuff from the trunk into the branch and do some bugfixing and
testing.  In the mid-term I'd like to use either Pohoyda's MIME code
or at least half of it together with the Gnus MIME code, so that after
many years Rmail will at last be usable for people outside the Ascii
world.

Eli, can you give Henrik write access to the Emacs?  His account name
is enberg.

Both Henrik and Alexander Pohoyda have assigned past and future
changes to Emacs, so I don't expect any problems in the license
department.

--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/

* Re: Rmail mbox branch
@ 2006-01-14  9:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-01-14  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Alex Schroeder <alex@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:08:55 +0100
>
> Eli, can you give Henrik write access to the Emacs?  His account name
> is enberg.

I'm just a technician; let's wait for Richard to agree to grant him
write access, and then I'll do it.

* Re: Rmail mbox branch
@ 2006-01-14 16:14 ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2006-01-14 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    We'd like to pick up the rmail-mbox-branch.  We're planning of merging
    new stuff from the trunk into the branch and do some bugfixing and
    testing.  In the mid-term I'd like to use either Pohoyda's MIME code
    or at least half of it together with the Gnus MIME code, so that after
    many years Rmail will at last be usable for people outside the Ascii
    world.

I am really glad that you want to do this.
Thank you.

* Re: Rmail mbox branch
@ 2006-01-21 11:34   ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2006-01-21 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Both Henrik and I are now using the Rmail mbox branch for our daily
mail reading.  There's still a lot of stuff to clean up, but I feel
we're doing well.

I noticed that Alexander Pohoyda doesn't have write access to Emacs
CVS.  Can we give Alexander write access as well?  He was the one with
a ton of MIME stuff in 2003, and I'm still interested in that.  (His
Savannah account name is apog.)

--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/

* Re: Rmail mbox branch
@ 2006-01-22  3:58     ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2006-01-22  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I noticed that Alexander Pohoyda doesn't have write access to Emacs
    CVS.  Can we give Alexander write access as well?

If he is still interested, please do.