* Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-18  8:10 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-12-18  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am wondering whereas there is something to « clean up » GNU.org archives
such as we can delete all old spam postings.

If so, I am volunteering to do it little by little beginning with Emacs
discussion mailing lists.

Thank you.

Xavier

* Re: Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-19  4:39 ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-12-19  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

I don't know whether it is possible or desirable to delete archive
messages, but some people are starting to moderate some of the Emacs
mailing lists to eliminate spam.  If you want to do this, please write
to karl at gnu.org.

* Re: Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-19 14:07   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-12-19 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
   Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

   I don't know whether it is possible or desirable to delete archive
   messages, but some people are starting to moderate some of the Emacs
   mailing lists to eliminate spam.  If you want to do this, please write
   to karl at gnu.org.

I am already one of them Richard :) I wanted to go further.

Xavier

* Re: Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-19 16:31     ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2005-12-19 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

>    From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
>    Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>    I don't know whether it is possible or desirable to delete archive
>    messages, but some people are starting to moderate some of the Emacs
>    mailing lists to eliminate spam.  If you want to do this, please write
>    to karl at gnu.org.
>
> I am already one of them Richard :) I wanted to go further.

And I must thank you for doing a good job. Today when I checked the
gnu.emacs.bugs, there was only "nice" messages.

Thanks!

* Re: Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-19 21:22 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-12-19 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@gmail.com>

   Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

   >    From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
   >    Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
   >
   >    I don't know whether it is possible or desirable to delete archive
   >    messages, but some people are starting to moderate some of the Emacs
   >    mailing lists to eliminate spam.  If you want to do this, please write
   >    to karl at gnu.org.
   >
   > I am already one of them Richard :) I wanted to go further.

   And I must thank you for doing a good job. Today when I checked the
   gnu.emacs.bugs, there was only "nice" messages.

That is better as is, isn't it ? :)

I also do appreciate the *new* mailing list.

Xavier