From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
Cc: eliz@gnu.org, belanger@truman.edu, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Should not tutorial always use the default global map?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:22:45 -0500	[thread overview]

    If we perhaps would just for this time let him/her go away and as an
    example for humankind be more friendly we could for example add this two
    lines at the end of `help-with-tutorial':

	(make-local-variable 'emulation-mode-map-alists)
	(setq emulation-mode-map-alists nil)

We were talking about modified global bindings.  Now you've raised a
different case: use of an emulator.

There's nothing we can do about modified global bindings in general.
However, if emulation modes are enabled, the tutorial command could
display a message like this:

    You are using the .... emulation modes, which will override some of
    the global bindings.  The behavior of Emacs with these modes will mot
    match what the tutorial teaches.

    Do you want to disable these emulations modes before running the
    tutorial?