* Change in window.el
@ 2005-12-07 17:07 Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-12-07 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    + 	* window.el (balance-windows): Delete extraneous third arg to
    + 	`enlarge-window'.

That change is incorrect!  That third argument was not "extraneous";
the code was really trying to use the preserve-before feature that I
just took out.

Perhaps the installation of the rewritten balance-windows code
will fix this for real.  When will that get done?

* Re: Change in window.el
@ 2005-12-07 18:48 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-12-07 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> That change is incorrect!  That third argument was not "extraneous";
> the code was really trying to use the preserve-before feature that I
> just took out.

It's temporary, the `balance-windows' function is going to be replaced.
In the meantime I'd rather have a function that does something useful
than a function that signals an error and does nothing.

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the