* Typo in search.texi V1.65
@ 2005-08-13 11:26 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2005-08-13 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Emacs!

Would somebody please install the following change:

2005-08-13  Alan Mackenzie  <acm@muc.de>

        * search.texi: Correct a typo.

*** search.texi	Sat Aug 13 09:48:04 2005
--- search.new.texi	Sat Aug 13 11:19:55 2005
***************
*** 212,218 ****
  @cindex searching for non-@acronym{ASCII} characters
  @cindex input method, during incremental search

!   To enter non-@acronym{ASCII} characters in an incrementral search,
  you must use an input method (@pxref{Input Methods}).  If an input
  method is enabled in the current buffer when you start the search, you
  can use it while you type the search string also.  Emacs indicates

!   To enter non-@acronym{ASCII} characters in an incremental search,

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)

* Re: Typo in search.texi V1.65
@ 2005-08-13 12:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-08-13 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:26:48 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> Hi, Emacs!
>
> Would somebody please install the following change:
>
> 2005-08-13  Alan Mackenzie  <acm@muc.de>
>
>         * search.texi: Correct a typo.

Done, thanks.

* Re: Typo in search.texi V1.65
@ 2005-08-14  8:05   ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2005-08-14  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Would somebody please install the following change:
>>
>> 2005-08-13  Alan Mackenzie  <acm@muc.de>
>>
>>         * search.texi: Correct a typo.
>
> Done, thanks.

Wouldn't it be better to ispell-check the whole Info manual than to catch
typos one by one?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

* Re: Typo in search.texi V1.65
@ 2005-08-14 21:04     ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-08-14 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Wouldn't it be better to ispell-check the whole Info manual than to catch
    typos one by one?

That question, as formulated, makes no sense.  A question about "which
one is better" presumes that one person or group is faced with a
choice between options--but there is no such person or group in this
situation.

However, if you want to suggest ispell checking the manuals, I agree
that would be useful to do.  Would you like to start?

good suggestion.

* Re: Typo in search.texi V1.65
@ 2005-08-16  9:17       ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2005-08-16  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> However, if you want to suggest ispell checking the manuals, I agree
> that would be useful to do.  Would you like to start?

It would be tedious to confirm the correctness of every function or
variable name in .texi source files of the manual during ispell checking.
ispell supports checking only TeX and nroff files.  Fortunately,
aspell has the filter for Texinfo source files which skips words
inside Texinfo commands.  But this very useful Aspell feature is not
supported yet by ispell.el.

Is it ok to install a change that implements support for Aspell filters
to ispell.el now?  I can send a small patch that implements this.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

* Re: Typo in search.texi V1.65
@ 2005-08-16 20:43         ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-08-16 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Is it ok to install a change that implements support for Aspell filters
    to ispell.el now?  I can send a small patch that implements this.

Please do.